Kanye West Beats Jay-Z and Drake For Forbes Highest Paid Hip Hop Act of 2019.
Written by admin on November 8, 2019
Forbeslist of top earning hip hop acts of 2019 has been released and this year Kanye West tops the list. With Yeezys expected to top $1.5 billion in sales this year, West’s pretax income for 2019 is aimed at $150 million. For the first time ever, West out-earned Jay-Z, who ranks second with $81 million. Drake, the most-streamed artist of any genre, rounds out the top three with $75 million. Not far behind West is his brother-in-law Travis Scott.
Here’s the rest of the top 20 list:
4. Diddy- Diddy brought in a whopping $70 million with no new music out.
5. Travis Scott- Scott earned $58 million largely in part from his Astroworld – Wish You Were Here Tour
6. Eminem – $50 million
7. DJ Khaled – At a personal best of $40 million, Khaled collected checks from partnerships with Air Jordan, Luc Belaire and Weight Watchers.
8. Kendrick Lamar – $38.5 million hence why he could afford this $10 million home
9. Migos – With another album on the way, expect the $36 million (that $12 million each) Migos earned this year to go up.
10. Childish Gambino – This notable newcomer to the list earned $35 million from acting in “Atlanta” and his This Is America Tour.
20. Pitbull ($18 million)
19. Wiz Khalifa ($18.5 million)
18. Nas ($19 million)
17. Future ($19.5 million)
16. Birdman ($20 million)
15. Meek Mill ($21 million)
14. Swizz Beatz ($23 million)
13. Cardi B ($28 million)
12. Nicki Minaj ($29 million)
11. J. Cole ($31 million)